Senior Web Developer | Kitchener, ON
Nov. 2014 – Jan. 2016
A developer shop focused on pairs programming, responsive design, and
exciting new technologies. Development stack included PHP,
MySQL, SASS, CoffeeScript, ReactJS, npm, Bower, Gulp, NGINX, and
occasionally Ruby on Rails.
- Developed a multi-site MVC framework around WordPress for easy network
maintenance and theme development of over 60 websites.
- Developed sites for several sports clients including Golf Canada,
Hamilton Ticats, and a 60 site network for the Canadian Hockey League.
- Configured and maintained Amazon EC2 servers running Ubuntu.
MRX Digital Sport Solutions
Senior Web Developer | Hamilton, ON
Apr. 2010 – Oct. 2014
MRX was a digital media solutions company focused on the sports industry.
Clients included the Canadian Hockey League, and Canadian Football League.
- Lead a team of 10 developers to create a full stack service based CMS
- Responsible for scripting and configuring various parts of the
application stack servers using Amazon AWS and Puppet. Including
Varnish Cache, Apache, MariaDB(MySQL fork) with Galera Clustering,
HAProxy, and various bash scripts.
- Developed game schedules, feeds, and customized live stats for millions
of sports fans.
- Developed Message Queue based services in Python using Test Driven
- Developed an ORM to simplify communication between PHP client and
Python services over RabbitMQ (AMQP).
- Mentored junior developers using pairs programming, peer reviews, and
Web Developer | Oakville, ON
Jan. 2009 – Apr. 2010
A bilingual marketing advertising agency with focus on branding, design,
print, and web media. Clients included Windsor Salt, Sanofi Aventis Canada, and
Weir Golf Design.
- Developed websites using technologies such as PHP, AJAX, MySQL,
- Responsible for maintenance, backups, and documentation of websites.
- Graphic Design in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
Web Developer & IT | Niagara Region, ON
Jan. 2007 – Dec. 2008
Also was a technical aid to a local IT consultant.
- Designed and created an online store using Zend with PayPal
- Designed and created a complex custom metal project submission process.
- IT service calls to various local businesses and Niagara Falls City Hall.
- Setup of computer lab network for teaching using Windows Server for
CERF (Francophone Employment Resource Centre).
Web Developer | Welland, ON
Feb. 2006 – Dec. 2007
A marketing solutions company focused on developing tools to help online marketers
reach their goals and target audience.
- Developed internal web applications driven by PHP, MySQL, AJAX,
- Developed a sales page generator with customized Content Management
- Administrated LAMP web server.